Monday, March 30, 2009

Mosaic... Technological Wonderment

My friend Lilia tagged me in her version of this on Facebook tonight. I rarely do the things like this that people tag me on, but this one was so interesting I had to do it... It makes me want to do another one.

But it also got me thinking about the chain of people all doing different jobs that it would take to even make something as "simple" as this 9-image mosaic representing my life possible.

Lilia to show it to me, people to show it to her, people to create & maintain Flickr, people to create & maintain "Big Huge Labs", people who host it, people on flickr to post images, people to pass along the images to the posters, people to take the pictures, people to make cameras & computers... Even without going back any farther than the beginning of R&D for the mosaic creation software, we're talking 1000s upon 1000s of people. Possibly hundreds of thousands.

Remarkable!

Technology is just damn cool... This is phenomenal...

* * * * *



Rules:
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search (http://www.flickr.com/).
b. Using ONLY the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Mosaic Maker. Change rows to 3 and columns to 3 (http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php).
d. Save the image and post it on this note!
e. If you're tagged, pass it on. And tag me. :)

The Questions:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. Favorite drink?
5. Dream vacation?
6. Favorite hobby?
7. What you want to be when you grow up?
8. What do you love most in life?
9. One word to describe you?

No comments: